« Home | New Sketches in my Moleskine » | Computer WoesNot happy... not happy!My computer is... » | I Love a Good, Rainy DayHere is something that you... » | A Peek Inside (My Moleskine, that is)So..... this ... » 

Saturday, April 29, 2006 

New Paintings this Week


I have been working on getting some things together for the "Breastplates and Other Artful Armor Against Cancer" show this past week.

My breastplate form is now completed, but needs some reinforcement, and I have begun my drawing plans for the final breastplate project.

I am working on a painting right now that I may try to use for the show if it turns out the way I want it to. I may use it to flesh out some ideas for the actual painting to submit for the show, but at this point, I am trying out some things to make this window look like healing light. At this point, I just have a partially developed underpainting, so it is still rather dark, and is looking a bit on the spooky, rather than ethereal side, but I hope to remedy that with additional work.

I have also made some time to participate in this weekend's Weekly Drawing Event (WDE) on the WetCanvas website.

Actually, the reference photo for the painting above was from last week's WDE- Norman Priory.

This week, I have tackled one of my usual favorite subjects, a dog named Mat. After I got going with this painting, my husband started falling in love with it, as it reminded him of the dog he grew up with, Puddles.

This was a fun little painting to do- about 12"x12", acrylics on watercolor paper.

Lori,
This is such a great painting. I am so envious of your talent
Way to go, Girl!

Love you.
Sandy

Lori,

I loved the painting of the church window in person the other day but Wow, it looks ethereal here to me, not at all dark or scary. What a special artist/person who are.

Always,
Kathy I

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lori
  • From Florida, United States
  • I am an artist and teacher who enjoys doing things that bring enjoyment and meaning to my life. My two main interests are dogs and art/creativity. I love to share my passion for these with others.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates