« Home | Computer WoesNot happy... not happy!My computer is... » | I Love a Good, Rainy DayHere is something that you... » | A Peek Inside (My Moleskine, that is)So..... this ... » 

Monday, April 24, 2006 

New Sketches in my Moleskine



One of the good things about having computer problems is that it gave me more time to draw and paint!

I got a bit behind in posting my Moleskine sketchbook entries, so here is the latest drawing I am working on- one of my daughter, having a dreamy moment when we were on our last vacation in New England.

The rest of the images are a hodgepodge- some done from photos, some done from life, some drawn, some painted. The dates are all out of order because my sketchbook is a bit disorganized, like I tend to be!

Actually, the dates get out of synch when I decide to work single page sketches in to my sketchbook, and I do not publish the journaling pages that have no images included with them, so they get a little out of order.



The collie sketches were part of a WDE event, and I limited my time on each sketch as an experiment. I ended up doing the watercolor afterwards, based on these small studies:

The last two-page spread in my Moleskine sketchbook shows a little charcoal drawing I did while we sat waiting for our table at a favorite local restaurant. Opposite it, in acrylics, is a portrait I did from this past weekend's WDE event on WetCanvas.



I am currently working on the first drawing above, in my Moleskine sketchbook, an acrylic semi-abstract piece, based on a WDE photo of a gorgeous light-filled priory, and the breastplate that will be touring with a show that begins November 2006.

More to come on all that!

Lori, I'm glad I got around to visit here. Wonderful work! Great drawings and color. I hope to see more of your sketchbook soon!

Your sketchbook is amazing Lori!!!! They are finished works...absolutely gorgeous!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lori
  • From Florida, United States
  • I am an artist and teacher who enjoys doing things that bring enjoyment and meaning to my life. My two main interests are dogs and art/creativity. I love to share my passion for these with others.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates